Thursday 26 May 2011

A day of newspapers

Today I made sure I bought copies of all the daily papers as I knew the story about Michelle Obama inviting 37 girls from EGA to Oxford University would be big news. Sure enough, there was plenty of coverage, not least a fabulous front page spread on the Guardian, featuring Ella Jay, one of our library assistants! The rest of the morning revolved around making copies, scanning and making newspapers available for photographers and TV crews to take footage of.

Photographs from the Guardian

The BBCTV presented a live news report from the school and I was pleased to see that the reporter referred to my display, which I had put together yesterday. I thought it made a very fine backdrop for the Head's interview.

Rosanna, my fabulous library asistant, has just gone out to buy fresh copies of the papers, as ours have been handled by too many excited fingers.

                                                                My display!

No comments:

Post a Comment